Friday, January 18, 2008

Favorite songs...

What an awesome night we had! Erin made fajitas...one of her specialties. The red and green perppers were "al dente", unlike the soggy, over-cooked version I usually make. We've also been enjoying real rice, not the stuff that comes in bags, which is all I know how to cook. There is nothing as satisfying as good rice, except good pasta.

Kelly joined us for supper, which made it especially good. Chris had a mandatory poker game, we got Kelly. Mitchell showed off as he usually does when Kelly is around. She's responsible for teaching Mitchell lots of neat things, great practice should she decide to have children some day, that's all I'm saying.

We started talking about music. I'm hooked on Miley Cyrus's new song, you know the one. What a great song. Jason and the girls told me that it's a "bubble gum" song, I know that. I know what I like. I like driving guitar licks, intense percussion, outrageous base, none of the things Miley's song contain. I still like it. It's simple, pretensious, a "good for Miley song."

My Ipod contains some great songs. I asked everyone to download their favorite songs on my Ipod, they didn't. I don't think they have a favorite song. I have hundreds, how could they not have one? I guess there are too many songs today, which make it difficult to have a favorite. The Beatles aren't anyone's favorite anymore, neither are the Stones, or Bob Dylan. With all of the stuff that's being played today, it's hard to have a favorite. Everyone likes U2, not everyone likes Beyonce, or Mary J. When you consider all of the options, how can you not like Miley?

No comments: